Monday, September 14, 2009

suspension

I'm caught. I'm hanging by fragile, tattered remnant of what used to be. Looking back at what seemed like such a brilliant, composed structure, I can now see the faults. I can see the cracks. I can see the mis-steps taken in building this bridge. My base made of twigs, and concrete made of brittle, old bones. This bridge will burn, and in its a place a memorial will erect. A tombstone that will encase all the pain, all the emptiness that was. This broken stone will be scarred with these words: I was not, I am not, I am the nothingness that is.

2 comments:

Courtney Day said...

You are something. But I'm not gonna lie, you know I've never been one to lie to you, you have to redirect your path. You will come to a place in your life where you look back, content and happy with where you are at, and be okay :) But if you don't redirect your path, you will never know how good you could have it still. Never know that blessing. And always wonder.
Instead of asking how it COULD have BEEN, ask how it could still BE.
K?
:)
I'm excited to see your life unfold, and I pray you will take the path that may be harder now, but will be rewarding, fruitful, and blessed later in life. Thanks for letting me be a part of your life :)

Tommy said...

I'm glad you don't lie to me, that's one thing I can always rely on you for; the truth :] You have been an amazing friend over the years and I've always cherised our friendship. Trust me, I'm way more stoaked that I get to be a part of your life! I mean, I love being able to just go down to starbucks and talk. I love getting texts randomly asking how I'm doin. Even though you may be bored in class, it's the thought that counts :P I guess the point I'm getting at is that you're an awesome lady, Miss Day, and you've got quite an adventure in store for you! I'm quite excited to see how your story ends :]